Wow. That’s all I can say about this amazing cake is “wow.” This delicious recipe totally left me speechless and not because I had a lack of words to say about it but because my mouth was so full with cake I couldn’t speak. If you are looking for an easy-to-make cake that will win over the hearts of all who eat it then look no further because this “Better Than Winning The Lottery” cake is the ticket.
I have NEVER tasted a cake, that came from a box mix, so good in my life. Who would have known that just adding a few extra ingredients to the mix could produce such a masterpiece of a dessert? You are never going to want to make just plain old cake again after trying out this gem of a recipe.
- 1 box Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix and any ingredients it requires (I use applesauce instead of oil which
- eliminates over a thousand calories, and it tastes the same!)
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk (reduced fat or fat free taste great too)
- 1 (8 oz) jar Smucker’s caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip thawed to room temp
- 3 Heath Candy Bars chopped (I chopped them in the blender which was easier than doing it by hand, and made them have a finer texture)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9×13 pan. Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon. While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake. Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Spread cool whip over the top evenly. Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.